If you have a pillar in your living room that seems to be in the way or detracts from the overall aesthetic of your space, there are several ways to hide it and make it less noticeable. In this article, we will provide guidance, tips and tricks on how to hide a pillar in your living room.
- Use paint: One of the simplest and most effective ways to hide a pillar in your living room is to paint it the same color as the walls. This will help to blend it into the background and make it less noticeable. If you want to add a bit of visual interest, consider painting the pillar a different color or using a textured paint to create a unique effect.
- Install a temporary wall: If you want to completely conceal the pillar, consider installing a temporary wall in front of it. This can be done with drywall or wood panels and can be easily removed if you decide to change the layout of your living room in the future. Just be sure to leave enough space between the temporary wall and the pillar to allow for ventilation.
- Use curtains: Another way to hide a pillar in your living room is to use curtains or drapes. This can be particularly effective if the pillar is located near a window or door. Simply hang a curtain rod above the pillar and drape curtains on either side to create a soft and flowing effect.
- Create a bookshelf: If the pillar is located in a corner of your living room, consider turning it into a bookshelf. This can be done by installing shelves on either side of the pillar and filling them with books, decorative items or plants. This will not only help to hide the pillar, but it will also create a functional and stylish storage solution.
- Use artwork: Another way to hide a pillar in your living room is to use artwork to draw attention away from it. Hang a large piece of artwork on the wall near the pillar or create a gallery wall with several smaller pieces of art. This will create a focal point in your living room and make the pillar less noticeable.
- Install a floating shelf: If the pillar is located in a prominent area of your living room, consider installing a floating shelf on either side. This can be a great way to create a functional and stylish display area for books, plants or decorative items, while also helping to hide the pillar.
- Create a room divider: If the pillar is located in a large open living room, consider using it as a room divider. This can be done by installing a shelving unit or screen on either side of the pillar to create separate zones in your living space. This will not only help to hide the pillar, but it will also create a more functional and inviting living area.
When hiding a pillar in your living room, it is important to consider the overall style and mood you want to create in your space. Do you want to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere or a more open and spacious feel? By keeping these factors in mind, you can select the best method for hiding the pillar that suits your needs and enhances the overall look and feel of your living room.
Some additional tips and tricks to keep in mind when hiding a pillar in your living room include:
- Use lighting to your advantage. Consider installing recessed lighting or a floor lamp near the pillar to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Use plants to create a natural and organic feel in your living room. This can be particularly effective if the pillar is located near a window or door.
- Consider using wallpaper or a textured finish to add visual interest to the pillar. This can be a great way to turn a potential eyesore into a stylish and unique feature in your living room.
- If all else fails, consider embracing the pillar and turning it into a statement piece in your